What is Physical Therapy:
Physical Therapy is a hands-on healthcare providing a client centred approach in the field of musculoskeletal healthcare in Ireland.
Treatment involves assessment, treatment, and management approach to dysfunction in order to restore function. It integrates a wide variety of soft-tissue and articular techniques to effect restoration of optimal pain-free function.
Physical Therapy involves working in collaboration with the client to:
- establish underlying cause of musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction
- effectively restore balance and optimal function within the musculoskeletal system
In consultation with the Client the treatment is designed and undertaken on an individual basis with the Physical Therapist staying with the Client exclusively for the duration of the treatment.
Education and awareness is a vital part of Physical Therapy.
The Physical Therapist spends time over the course of treatment to educate client:
- to ensure he/she is aware of how dysfunction evolved/occurred
- to ensure he/she has means and measures to prevent re-occurrence
- how to facilitate in own treatment, recovery, and maintenance by means of a home-care program involving specific modalities, stretches, and strengtheners where indicated.
Effective in treating:
Physical Therapy provides safe and effective treatment for a variety of conditions.
Some of the common symptoms/conditions addressed and treated include:
- Chronic pain
- Back pain
- Sporting Injuries
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Breathing pattern dysfunction
- Abdominal discomfort
- Foot and Ankle conditions
- Hip and Knee conditions
- Shoulder and Elbow conditions
- Wrist and Hand conditions
- Postural strain
- Spinal dysfunction
- Pelvic dysfunction